- Before the procedure, the prakruti, or physical constitution, and vikruti, or the current state of the doshas, are determined. After that, everything needed for the procedure is gathered ahead of time, including the equipment and masseurs or attendants.
- Pizhichil begins by pouring oil over your head and body in a steady and regular-stream.
- Although the Pizhichil Ayurveda therapy comprises a full-body massage, it can also be tailored to a specific area of the body (Ekhanga Pizhichil) or half of the body (Ardhanga Pizhichil).
- The massage can take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes and requires two to four people.
- One sitting may produce favorable results, but for long-term mental and physical well-being, the practice should be done at least seven times.
- Three to four liters of oils are used for Pizhichil therapy, which must be kept at a relaxing or mild temperature during the operation. Before applying the massage oil to the individual, it can be dumped into a collector and re-warmed.
- Finally, after the therapy is completed, specific care is made to avoid acute cold exposure. Early in the morning and late in the evening, pizhichil massages are usually followed by a hot or lukewarm bath. Its a fantastic idea to attempt the therapy because its quite calming.
Kotakkal Ayurveda - Mother land of modern ayurveda